Today I stumbled upon a really easy online recipe, and adapted it slightly to make it a tad healthier. If you’re feeling naughty but don’t want to overdo on the cals, then these little walnut and date squares are the just the ticket. Perfect alongside a post dinner cuppa.
50g caster sugar
50g desiccated coconut
75g rice crispies
* 200g milk chocolate (optional)
• Roughly chop the dates (remember to remove any stones!) and walnuts.
• Melt the butter, dates and sugar in a saucepan until a mushy consistency.
• Take off the heat and add the chopped walnuts, the coconut and the rice crispies.
• Grease a tin with coconut oil or butter.
• Add your mixture and flatten in the tin with a wooden spoon
• refrigerate, cut to size, eh voila!
** I melted 200g milk chocolate to drizzle over the top to make them more of a tray bake… and a little more naughty!
Hope you enjoy making these little lovelies, and more so enjoy eating them!